Religious Education Committee
The Religious Educaiton Committee is comprised of members who work to support the religious educaiton program at Emerson. The purpose of our Religious Education program for Children & Youth is to provide students with a thorough knowledge of the UU faith and a sense of belonging to a greater UU community with shared values and support for their spiritual journeys. Our goal is to foster UU faith development that will serve children & youth as they grow to be life-long Unitarian Universalists. The RE Committee and RE teachers are caring volunteers who are members of Emerson and often parents themselves. All teachers have training opportunities and have passed criminal background checks. They have also signed our Code of Ethics Statement for working with children and youth.
If you have any questions about the Religious Education Committee please email Angela Miles.
Some Facts about RE and the RE Committee.
- We have on average about 35-40 students attending RE classes each Sunday. We have classes for 3 y.o. to 12th graders.
- OWL Program (Our Whole Lives sexuality education program) serves students in 3 levels of programming with 7 certified facilitators
- Students from 3rd-12th grades went to The Mountain UU Learning and Retreat Center for Youth CONferences
- EUUC has covenants created between Emerson UUC and Families of Children with Special Needs to outline support and program needs for children
- The RE Committee hosts and supports family-friendly social events, such as the Easter Egg Hunt, Game Night, and Youth Circle Dinner
- Senior Youth CRUU and advisors tour Boston during a UU Heritage trip every other Summer
- Children’s Choir led by professional choral teacher volunteer and coordinated by DRE.